In 1998, what was then ‘Tamm Communications’ opened as a boutique advertising and communications agency with a specialist interest in organizational design and employee communications. Over the years, our reputation for market insight, design excellence, and outstanding client service shot us to the top of our niche.
Our founder, Viive Tamm, was a pioneer in the human capital marketing and employee communications fields and has enjoyed a 10-year run on the Chatelaine-PROFIT Top 100 Female Entrepreneur list.
Almost 20 years later, Tamm + Kit is a busy full-service creative agency with specialist creative boutiques in New York, Toronto, Malaysia and Singapore. We may have a larger wingspan, but we’ve stayed true to our roots and still hang our hats in the same heritage wool mill we’ve always called home.
Drop by anytime for a cup of coffee and a tour.
- We are refugees from select industries and agencies, and collectively we offer an ideal and varied complement of skills, with a broad exposure to and understanding of the way things—and people—work.
- We are tightly knit, outspoken, and curious.
- 5% of our creative and development hours are donated to not-for-profits and charities.
- We are proud collaborators with the Association of Registered Graphic Designers (RGD), partnering on the Creative Earners national salary survey, DesignThinkers, and RGD Student Design Awards, and sponsoring the Tamm + Kit Award for Strategic Design.
- We are the only advertising agency we know of to have made both the Top 100 Employers in Canada and Top Employers in the GTA lists.
- We are proudly sponsored by a microdistillery, a coffee company and winery.
- We’ve been around since 1998, but are still young enough to appreciate our downtown locations in the Financial District in Manhattan and by the historic Distillery District in Toronto.
- We may have both feet in brand strategy, advertising, and design, but we still believe in integrity and hope that the good guys win.